Montag, 8. Februar 2016

07.02.2016 Montego Bay - Negril, Jamaica

 
mein Frühstück / my breakfast, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay
 
mein Frühstück / my breakfast: Akee, Callaloo, Breadfruit, Dumplings and Banana, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay

Christopher & Junior, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay

Akee Baum / tree, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay

Akee Baum / tree, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay

Akee, Hotel Gloriana, Montego Bay
 
 
 
Heute war ich um 8 Uhr wach und ging mit meinem Espressokocher in die Hotelküche… sie kannten diese Methode nicht und wieder einmal erklärte ich es… Dafür klärten mich die Köche über die Nationalfrucht Akee auf: Nur der Samenmantel ist geniessbar und wird meist gekocht gegessen, der Rest der Frucht und die Samen sind giftig…
Christopher & Junior
 
Today I was awake at 8 am and went to the hotel kitchen with my espresso maker, they did not know this method and once again I explained it... In Return the cooks explained the national fruit akee to me: Only the aril is edible and eaten usually cooked, the rest of the fruit and the seeds are poisonous...
 
 
Montego Bay

Montego Bay

Montego Bay

Montego Bay
 
 
Nach dem Frühstück genoss ich noch mal ein Bad, wenn es schon mal eines hat, und um 10 Uhr war ich für die Abreise bereit. Ich fuhr der Bottom Road entlang und suchte vergeblich einen Strandzugang… Der einzige Strand, der zugänglich war, ist Doctor's Cave Beach und kostet USD 6 Eintritt! So liess ich Montego Bay hinter mir und fuhr die Upper Road ab um wenigstens einige Bilder schiessen zu können!
 
After breakfast I enjoyed again a bath, whenever there is one, and at 10 am I was ready for departure. I drove along Bottom Road and was looking in vain for a beach access... The only beach you can enter is Doctor's Cave Beach and costs USD 6 admission! So I left Montego Bay behind me and drove along Upper Road in order to take at least shoot some pictures!
 
 
Montego Bay - Negril

Hotel Bar-B-Barn, Negril

Strand beim / beach at the Hotel Bar-B-Barn, Negril

Strand beim / beach at the Hotel Bar-B-Barn, Negril
 
 
Dafür war ich nach total 100 km heute schon um 13 Uhr in Negril und checkte im Hotel Bar-B-Barn ein, das mir Ted von Long Bay empfohlen hatte. Es war extrem heiss, so fuhr ich erst einmal in die Stadt um ein paar Einkäufe zu tätigen. Zurück im Hotel stürzte ich mich ins Bikini und genoss für einmal den Strand für einige Stunden mit einem Rum Punch als Willkommensdrink.
 
The advantage was, that I arrived at Negril already at 1 pm after a total of 100 km today, where I checked in at the Hotel Bar-B-Barn, which Ted from Long Bay had recommended. It was extremely hot, so I first drove into town to do some shopping. Back at the hotel I put on my bikini and for a change enjoyed the beach for a few hours with a rum punch, which was offered me as welcome drink.
 
 
Restaurant Cosmo's Seafood, Negril

Sonnenuntergang / sunset, Restaurant Cosmo's Seafood, Negril

Sonnenuntergang / sunset, Restaurant Cosmo's Seafood, Negril
 
 
Auch hier hatte es letzte Nacht geregnet und das Internet hatte Schwierigkeiten… so fuhr ich um 18 Uhr zum Restaurant Cosmo's Seafood, wo ich bei einem fantastischen Sonnenuntergang an meinem Blog arbeitete und Riesencrevetten an Curry mit Gemüse und Bammy (Cassava) genoss… - was für ein Leben! : )
 
xxxFranziska
 
Also here it had rained heavily last night and the Internet had trouble... so at 6 pm I drove to the restaurant Cosmo's Seafood, where I worked on my blog admiring an amazing sunset and enjoyed prawns curry with vegetables and bammy (cassava) for dinner... - what a life! : )
 
xxxFranziska
 
 
 
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen